Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Healing Power of Optimism Hits Again (HURRAY!)

B'SD

15 Shvat, 5775

I've been savoring and preparing this blogpost a few days, wondering how to put a BIG miracle into words.

I wrapped up five months of vision therapy this week, and went home crying. I've been blessed with a HUGE miracle.

When you read the EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge book, you'll learn how and why I went blind in 2004/5. A completely terrifying experience, my situation was compounded with negative prognoses by the medical people on my case. 

NONE of the professionals believed I'd survive, and even if that happened, that I'd ever see again.

I chose to envision the future, and went wa-a-a-a-y outside the medical prognoses, diagnoses and treatment box. The choice has paid off well.

My attitude remains upbeat by choice (I work on it daily). People like having me around. And over time I can see them more clearly. 

Yes, some time ago all I could make out were blurred bodies and faces. I recognized voices and walking styles, not facial features. A walk down the street was full of danger for me as I struggled to interpret street signs, traffic patterns and whatnot.

The alternative healing strategies I use (I'll need them forever to prevent regression and to continue progression) are working. Some did not help me, but most of the strategies are improving my health and sight.

One successful strategy isn't even "alternative," it's classic, but not regarded highly enough in the medical world.

I've been working with a graduate student of my phenomenal eye doctor cited in this years-ago Glimmers of Light article. 

We've pursued proven and innovative exercises that optometrists use to improve visual acuity in their patients. In my case, we're overcoming severe optic nerve damage, forcing my optic muscles to compensate for the problem. Along the way, some of my optic nerves have become more powerful.

The huge percentage of visual progress in my case these past five months is simply miraculous. The therapist and I hugged each other as the evidence was recorded onto an official report. 

She credits my intentional optimism. I credit GOD and my willingness to let The One Above work with me.


We're making medical history. Again.


Want to join the fun, no matter the diagnosis? 

Learn how in 

http://www.booklocker.com/p/books/3067.html?s=TrackingCode


PS - the therapist asked me to supply her with an explanation of all the alternative healing practices I use. My entire medical team has grown to respect the reality they represent. They're learning from me how to help other people with my situation.




PPS - Today is Tu B'Shvat, the Jewish New Year for Trees (it's springtime in Israel. The air is filled with lacy new greenery, luscious scents and color!) and I'm celebrating my inner growth. 

Before my now-gone brain tumor and crushed optic nerves temporarily turned my life into a nerve-wracking vortex, I was not as insightful about change as I am today. And the medical team on my case knew nothing about the miraculous possibilities they'd observe in me over time.

All of us are relieved and excited about the phenom.




The life lesson I want to share with you is floral/tree-themed: 

"Don't be deceived by superficial appearances. Sometimes a plant appears to be dead or destroyed. 

Much is going on (under the soil) out of sight. It's life-giving goodness. Give it time to grow."

Buy the E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge for yourself or someone else.  

   

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.

Replace fear with fun and progress.




No comments: